Recent and Current Products
microMIDI MK IThe microMIDI is the result of two years of testing and development. Designed to be compact and simple to use, yet extremely powerful. A MIDI foot controller (MFC) is how you physically interact with your digital gear, so it should be a focal point of your rig, not an afterthought. The microMIDI MK I brings foot controllers to a whole new level with it's feature set. Released in 2016 as part of a small-batch.
Download the manual or the microMIDI Application
This unit is built in small batches and sold on Tindie, check it out HERE.
- OLED Graphics Display - gives you the resolution needed for real preset names, and meaningful onscreen indicators
- Knobs - real pedals have knobs, so should your MFC! Three effect-programmable rotary encoders at your disposal.
- Switches - two stomps, and two additional push button switches built in to the encoders. All are effect-programmable.
- Expansion - a 1/4" expansion jack on the side permits an additional external footswitch or expression pedal.
- Programmable - intuitive modern app for preset programming (via MIDI ports), available for Windows and Android
The graphic display handles navigation of preset names (left-top), an effect screen showing the status of all your selected presets knobs and switches (left-middle), as well as knob animation when adjusting values (left-bottom). Here I've configured two knobs for Bass Volume (BV) and Guitar Volume (GV) and the lower left stomp as on/off muting of the bass channel. If an effect is unlabelled, when engaged it will simply say "ON".
The simple mobile/desktop app (right) allows you to build and configure your presets just like a setlist before sending them to the MIDI controller.
Past Product Highlights
Over the 20 years history of Blackaddr Audio, most of our work has been custom one-offs. Occasionally, enough interest around a project results in a small-batch build for local musicians. Here's a couple of the more popular ones from the past
- Hi Spectrum - a tone control for the higher Helios frequencies
- Lo Spectrum - control over the lower end of the spectrum
- Fusion - the more fusion a star has the more supercharged its output. I guess you could also just call it Gain
- Volume - how big a star is...or perhaps your tone? Yeah, okay, I guess you saw this punn coming a lightyear away.
This unit is no longer available.
- Fixed +9V Out - four power ports at the good ole' 9V are ready to provide some juice.
- Continuously Variable - four more independent ports with control knobs to select from 5V to 15V
- DC Panel - A 5-way selector knob would connect the fixed voltage for monitoring, or one of the four variable voltages so you could tune it exactly where you wanted.
- Dying Battery - one port simulated a dying battering with an additional tunable (from the inside) resistance circuit.
- A total of 8 ports in all!